This week’s recipe is for a great snacky-good but healthy treat!
Kale is an awesome low-carb, nutrient-dense vegetable that is full of nutritional benefits (here).
My wife was keen on working these into our rotation to replace higher carb snack treats. We had tried to make them in the past, but often we couldn’t get the right crispiness.
Last night, we got it right!
The options for this dish are how you want to flavor them.
For this recipe you will need:
1/2 -1 bunch of Kale (preferably curly Kale) – washed and dried.
Olive oil/Coconut oil – 1-3 Tbsp.
Your seasonings of choice. Some examples (possibilities are limited only by your creativity) include: Salt, Pepper, Garlic Salt, Cayenne Pepper sauce, Cinnamon, Currey, Ginger, Cumin, Creating your own All-Dressed seasoning, etc…)
Preparation & Cooking Instructions:
- Pre-heat oven to 300°F.
- Remove Kale leaves from the spiny stems.
- Break Kale leaves apart/chop into med-sized pieces (think larger-sized chips, as they will shrivel a bit when cooking).
- In a bowl, drizzle Olive/Coconut (melted) oil over the Kale pieces.
- Add your seasoning (i.e. Salt, Pepper, Garlic Salt, Cayenne Pepper sauce, etc…) and mix well with your hand.
- Bake at 300°F for 15-25 mins until Kale is crispy. The edges may turn light brown, but you don’t want them burnt.
Enjoy in a big bowl like you used to your favorite chips, popcorn.
I hope you enjoy this recipe.
As always, please share it with your friends & leave your comments below with any tweaks that you found useful!
Have a great day!
Till next time!